Friday 12 May 2006

Back On The Bike

9 May - Nothing clever about today's headline - first time back on the bike since the operation. My hand is still really stiff and a bit sore from being locked in the cast for the past six weeks but riding wasn’t too much of a problem. My physiotherapy starts tomorrow and i'm hoping that this will give me a full range of motion by the time I go back to work which could be as early as the end of next week. I didn’t expect there to be any issues going back to Novex but they've gone on another one of their hiring binges again and the work is just trickling in - it's not so bad considering they've implemented a fairly decent minimum day and the rates have gone up but even Jason has been very sluggish for the past few weeks. I've also been informed that there's a new dispatcher after Lee was fired for being crap so I need to let him know that I'm the one who's supposed to get all the good trips ... That's the way we do things around here. A rather expensive day as I treated myself to a hair trim and a new helmet (probably not the most appropriate thing to buy after a haircut) and a new bag and I celebrated with a little celebration with Leighton (corporate courier) at CafĂ© Amsterdam. Unfortunately there has had to be another addition to the numerous commercial operators in Vancouver who are on my boycott list - in the morning I realised that I needed cleats for the new bike shoes I got the other day so I rode down to Bikes On The Drive to grab some - it was 945 and the shop didn't open until 19 but there were plenty of people inside so I waited and looked longingly inside the shop. The owner came out and asked me what I wanted - can I just grab a set of cleats - sure you can, in 20 minutes! - Boycott!!!
Got a couple DVDs out in remembrance of tight-arse Tuesday - Breakfast On Pluto, which was a bit too Irish for my liking and Hostel, which reminded me of my own wanderings in Slovakia.

No comments: