Sunday 10 December 2006

What's it all about?

9 December – Not drinking at a poker night made for some far too sober play which could have been somewhat responsible for my poor performance but it did make getting up a little easier.  Finally got the opportunity to try out the $9.90 breakfast at the Big Toast Café down the road.  Eggs not cooked the way I’d normally have them and coffee given was an unexpected and unnerving cappuccino (probably because I didn’t specify what I wanted but that was my fault) but ample toast (I subbed extra in exchange for the chips which really have no place before 12pm) but all in all pretty decent.  Volume was very good, in my current state I couldn’t finish it which has got to bode well for future eating escapades.  Did the little trek out to Bronte Beach for the SydBMA Christmas picnic – a fair showing of the courier scene, still didn’t feel crash hot and even the minimal intake of beer that I could manage didn’t seem to help at all.  A little frisbee, a little cricket and a race up the hill where I took a very average 8th (and wanted to expel my stomach's contents once I did make it to the top) - had some nice chats with the crew, was vaguely accused of stealing cigarettes by one miserable entity and did the hill climb back up and on to Redfern where I steeled myself for another velocipedal journey out to Neutral Bay for the birthday of young Mr May (combined with that of a friend of his, apparently born on 27th of December and always bitter about the fact that his birthday being overshadowed by the other events of the season) - very nice barbecue, steak was a little dry, but a chocolate cake of guassian proportions with chocolate meringue, chocolate cake, chocolate butter, chocolate icing, chocolate wafer and a strange type of chocolate cream (absolutely delicious to eat but one’s stomach cramped up into a little ball as soon as it was dissolved by the old acids.  Always an interesting crowd of people there – some familiar, some not, got stuck next to a Jewish Homosexual with a really big chip on his shoulder about the fact that he was Jewish and Homosexual (capital letters intentional) but managed to hide under the table until he didn’t go away.  

No comments: