Wednesday 27 December 2006

Canine Morning Meal

27 December – Ghost town for a lot of the day – reputedly the quietest three days of the year when even a lot of the lawyers are shutting down.  No dispatcher till late morning but some idiot throwing random things on me all of them in contradiction to the instructions I’d been given last week and nothing even approaching the semblance of a well thought out route.  But, I put myself in the headspace that the dispatcher was incompetent and the day was guaranteed to be pretty crap regardless of how many of 521’s permanents I’d been given.  A lot of the places we went to were shut and the dispatcher who eventually showed up proved incapable of comprehending the most basic requests for information – because of the lack of anything happening had the opportunity to catch up with some friends throughout the day – got some unexpected news – apparently a very small man (or woman) was discovered in a friend’s womb, don’t know how he (or she) got there but I’m sure he (or she) won’t stay long.  Another advantage was being given the time to practice my woeful backwards circles (I can do a quarter circle thus far).  After work had a mostly pleasant ride up to Coogee with my rucksack on my back, constantly knocking my helmet over my eyes especially on the descents but deposited him with Mr Greenup who has also very generously added a self inflating mattress and tent for my use (a little more generous than another individual I know).  After a quick pivo and one of the always reliable Coogee Greek hamburgers had an awesome  non-stop ride back to Redfern where I utilised some excellent short-cuts (not necessarily always short in distance but short in effort) and barely even touched the brake.  .

No comments: