Wednesday 6 December 2006

Toll Slow

23 November - Felt a dire need to read a newspaper today and still not having found a reliable inner city wifi source and knowing that the nofishcafe signal is strong but impossible to connect through I made the surprisingly long trip out to Roslyn Street in the cross for a coffee from the camp old bastard who runs the nice coffee shop next to the Teahna Banana gelateria with its always reliable signal. Logged on at 10 to 8 but my cheerful early morning banter was not reciprocated and it was quite some time before any real work came my way. It took a while to realise that it was not the affable Kurt on the other end of the data device but Wayne, who does a few other channels and despite seeming quite nice when I met him the other day he's a right curt wanker over the text messages. Incredibly quiet day with only one sweeet run where I was making about twenty stops, never having to go more than two blocks between each one and only minimal illegal riding required. Spent a lot of time window shopping and reading about what was going on around the world (it's a good thing I'd synced the avantgo). Knocked off early enough and did some ablutions before heading Gordon side for home cooked meal the likes of which can only be made by a mum who loves you and repaid generosity by stealing various other foodstuffs for my own larder. First tentative connections by the Macbook to the in'nernet but couldn't remember what I needed to download or do so logged off and cursed myself when I remembered after I'd left the house. Had to rush to make the direct train back to Redfern but all was good and no railbus's were necessary. Did a bit of vandalism against my brand new jersey but it's far too hot for sleeves at the moment and I need to even out the tan.

No comments: