Monday 11 December 2006

If a shortcut was easy then it would just be called 'the way'

11 December – Back to work after a slightly extended weekend – still felt a bit crap, not helped by the heat.  Very slow start to the day not helped by the added competition of Geezer Chris who’s returned with both arms reasonably intact apparently.  A few rushing periods where half our clients seemed to be trying to move house by disguising lead bricks as innocuous envelopes didn’t make for a comfortable afternoon but kept on moving which is what it’s all about.  A few things were burnt by the time I got them and one time when seriously overloaded I had a wrong address and was told I to take a very uncomfortablly oversized brick for a ride over the bridge – normally, I always do what I’m told but not this time – got a slight admonishment but if the dispatcher had that thing on his back he would have done the same.  Last drop of the day was at TressCox and I paid a brief visit to the uncle, the ‘executive partner’ and then rushed home to try to beat the oncoming storm and almost made it.  Dinner at M&Ds, paid my way with a bit of technological assistance and came home to find that we’ve got a new houseguest.  Oh, whatever, I still feel like crap and I can’t really elaborate.

No comments: