Wednesday 6 December 2006

The Chair Ent There

5 December – was fed some pancakes at robbie and carmen’s in the morning which fortified me for a day of hard labour. Unfortunately there was not a hell of a lot of hard labour to go around – it was great to have Kurt back in the distpatch chair but it was crap that he had nothing to dispatch to me today.  I amused myself by trying to determine which locker I could claim at 6 Bridge St.  All have locks on them, except one, but that’s already been claimed by Dottie – when asking the other Toll guys which one belongs to them the answers were specific (Newtown Jets sticker on it) or vague (against the wall .... Uh, near the desk) - you wouldn’t think it would be that hard.  Visited the US consulate – leave your helmet, bag, phone and dignity at the gate please – even though on one level its no worse than visiting any of the courts where you’ve got to go through a security check – security at official US places always have a shocking attitude (reminded me of customs when flying from Van to Sydney via Honolulu) - I’m always convinced that they’re goading me into losing my temper so they can then reject entry.  Do they get a kick out of it?  Maybe.  If I was a security guard I’d hate my life too.  Went over the handlebars again. Landed on hands again.  A couple of blasts from the past throughout the day as per the usual – one I’m glad I saw and one I was ambivalent about – spent the evening in North Sydney, very pleasant but had to ride back no lights – never a nice thing, but I’m pretty sure it was a no stopper – all the way from Blues Point Rd, Milsons Point to Margaret St, Redfern and nothing but greens or couldabeens.  Awesome.

No comments: