Saturday 23 December 2006

Victory Will Be Ours

22 December – Left my mobile in the bathroom previous night which meant no alarm and no waking up until ten minutes before I was supposed to start work. Didn’t seem to cause a problem as was out the door in double quick time – however, the fact that my mobile had gone two days without charging meant communication issues throughout the day as the battery started to fizzle by 11am.  A little bit of rigmarole and a few items woefully represented (cheap bastards trying to slip boxes in under the radar as bike trips – it’s a lot harder to get upgrades at Toll but sometimes you’re just not going to let it slide).  In any event, it was all over by 3pm and so headed to Hyde Park where I played a little frisbee and drank a little beer and smoked a little ... Whatever.  It took a while for the rest of the bikers to turn up as there was still a little going on in town.  Some very energetic and violent football was played (but not by me) but had a nice time out there – now that it’s summer it looks like we may have an alternative place for Fridays considering the resistance we’re getting from the restaurant down at Martin Place which is trying to wear us down by calling the police on us every Friday.  Nobody likes the idea of being pushed out of a place they’ve been using for over a decade by an institution that’s been there for a few months but I’ve got a feeling that that place isn't going to last the distance and we’ll be back (and there’s still a few representatives there every other day of the week so I don’t think they’ll be able to declare victory any time soon).  Found a handbag with a few cards and a set of keys in it on the way home and dropped off to the police station – normally you’ve got to go through a lot of red tape just for handing it in but they were too busy to deal with it so I managed to escape without any problem.  Absolutely wrecked when I got home and the housemates were watching a truly awful movie on television so I hid in my room until it was all over and next thing I knew it was Saturday.  C’est la vie.  I didn’t want to do anything that night anyway.

No comments: