Thursday 21 December 2006

Offroad

20 December – I really don’t like mango yoghurt – two flavours that go so well on their own are such a disaster when combined.  At least when they’re combined by the good people at Yoplait – never seemed too objectionable when done on my own.  Heavens finally opened up again (at least for me working) and was comfortably sodden for most of the day. The very first pickup of the day was from an extremely obscure location in my old workplace, the AAP building, destination 73 Arthur St.  Knowing it probably didn’t exist I presumed it’s approximate location and hoped for the best – ended up searching wasting half the morning on the wrong side of the bridge criss-crossing it picking up worthless and oversized junk while looking for the building that didn’t exist.  Finally was told to try the McMahons Point end (highest number was 35 Arthur), then was told it’s at 74 Walker (also doesn’t exist), a building site on Walker St (none there) and finally its true destination, office at 73 Walker.  Very irritating.  Rest of the day was okay – was temporarily ‘taken off the road’ by someone from Toll Management because I had not received a fit to work letter from my doctor (despite having worked from Monday) and was even threatened with being taken off the road permanently for hanging up on her (we were cut off ... Would I hang up on someone in management?  Never ... ) but managed to get in touch with Priti who had a cancellation and was back on the job within about 20 minutes (if I didn’t have her it would have been disastrous).  And ten minutes after I was officially allowed back on the job I,  of course, managed to wipe out at the AMEX loading dock.  Such is life.  Found a new considerable deal at the old Forresters – the days of the reign of its $5 steak may be confined to the pages of history but a large pizza and a 750ml bottle of Verdant Coopers for a tenner can’t be beat.  

No comments: