Wednesday 13 December 2006

Drifting

12 December – For the second day in a row the short trip down Gibbons-Regent St had a little incident with a driver in a van – yesterday was taking up a whole lane for a sizeable amount of time, easily long enough for a driver to realise that he was bearing down on a cyclist but it didn’t stop him slamming on the breaks and screeching right behind me,  today’s incident was a driver just stealing the lane in front of coming within a hairs breadth of taking me out – after I caught him at the lights and told him in reasonably reasonable terms what he had done he shouted back an angry but intelligible response – and both of these were before I’d even logged on. Sydney drivers.
Very few trips throughout the day but what little was sent my way was of a reasonable quality so I wasn’t too upset but after 430 when the replacement dispatcher came on the f**kin’ idiot gave me conflicting instructions, responded to queries without reading them and generally destroying the surprisingly decent mood I was in at the end of the day – and this is the man who caused most of the problems on last week’s (week before?) Day Of The Worst Bike Dispatching Ever,  And he’s rumoured to become our full time dispatcher, there will be problems if this occurs.  Saw A Scanner Darkly with Louisa at the Dendy – the visuals are amazing – the same process as the original Lord of the Rings and Flashback (as well as Prince of Persia but that never impressed me too much) - interesting movie but was drifting towards the end and am not really sure what happened at the end.  May have to try it again soon.  

No comments: