Tuesday 26 December 2006

F**ked By The Round

26 December - A long but eventually fruitful search for pancakes took me through the Surry Hills and the depths of Kings Cross and Darlinghurst before ending in The Rocks (where the pancake place has apparently finished its inopportune refurbishments) -  for some reason was tempted to order a chocolate pancake despite knowing full well that it wouldn’t be as satisfying as a normal one.  Braved the sales for a little while but was steadfast enough to avoid buying anything I didn’t really want and headed back towards Broadway where I purchased a half decent mouse for the new computer (same colour scheme, Bluetooth enabled and with a much needed second button) and also saw ‘The Queen’ where the Royal family and the established government get a very sympathetic hearing.  Interesting to see a historical movie about something so recent, especially considering that I was residing in London for both of the key events of the film (the election and the week horribilus) but don’t think it really changed my mind about any of the people concerned.  Apparently the AB was the place to be on Boxing Day with the appearance of the yum yum club (who, coincidentally were also mentioned on a plaque at the same building as the pancake place, spooky) and whilst it took a while to get kicking by the time I left it was quite the happening bar about town.  Did manage to drink just enough to probably give me a hangover tomorrow but by chance I happened to bump into the perpetually gorgeous (and perpetually 19) Tonette from way back in my corporate life so it couldn’t have been a totally wasted night.  In fact, it was not even close to being a wasted night at all.

No comments: