Sunday 24 December 2006

Enthusiasms

23 December – Pancakes from across the road – never again.  Hamburger from up the road – definitely again.  Which one’s closer?  Guess.  The nofishcafe has finally sorted their wifi out which is much more convenient than the broadway café and the staff are a hell of a lot better as well.  I am happy to buy a coffee or two for the use of the ‘free’ wifi despite it costing far more than the actual bandwidth is worse.  I’m not sure why I’m happy to do this but I seem to be.  Bought a steel iron horse from a place I’m ashamed to have bought it from but am sure it will do the job that it is designed for – if I can ever get the incredibly fiddly brakes to work properly – I’m quite surprised at how badly they were put together – I’d be very surprised if your standard issue mall worker would have a clue as to how to put it together, as it was, I had to sit back and really contemplate the issue before challenging it and whilst I’m not a master of the craft I’ve got a half decent understanding of how this stuff works these days.  The bargirl at the Alexandria seems rather enthusiastic for someone who works at the Alexandria.  Something you notice sometimes.

No comments: