Friday 4 November 2005

Two things ...

3 November - Another early wakeup today and another miserable Vancouver day. It was raining pretty much non stop all day and I found myself going all over town - a little bit of a break around 11 but other than that I was moving non stop from 8 to half five. My foot felt a lot better today even though I was running for a lot of the time - I've found that I keep on going to the same buildings - about half the ones I went to yesterday I went to today and i'm returning to the same place quite regularly - so I don’t think i'll be havng too much trouble working things out. Despite being a lot busier today I found it quite a bit easier than yesterday. The despatcher seemed pretty pleased with me if that's anything to go by. In any event, i'm looking forward to two things: first, I can't wait to be on the bike (it'll be so much easier) and after being completely saturated for most of the day and not even having time to eat lunch I think i'm also looking forward to working in an office again (but not quite some time).
Also, on Rene's recommendation I sought out and found "Winners", home of bargains and bought myself a comforter set (pretty much like a bed set) and I can do away with the sleeping bag, which is okay, but i'll be sleeping well tonight!!! Also bought myself a towel (no hitchhiker should ever be without one) and I can put aside my well used sports towel for a while. It was great but it's like drying one's self with a dishcloth.
Might be heading out Café Deux Soleil with one of the flatmates for some cheap beer later on tonight but it'll have to be an early one ...

No comments: