Wednesday 9 November 2005

Murph'y's Law

8 november - Woke up pretty early, feeling a bit stiff since the day before. It was raining pretty steadily but quite lightly as well. I headed into town (very cold while I was getting started) and upon arriving in town I realised that my Blackberry was completely dead, I think it has a faulty battery. After struggling with it for about 10m I called in asking if a replacement was possible. It wasn't, so I had to do everything by radio. Some of the companies do it that way but our place is almost completely reliant on the tracking system they have so wthout it was a nightmare. I'm sure with more practice I could better track where I was supposed to go and what I was carrying but i'd already grown dependent on the system in a few days so when it broke down I felt a little stressed. Had a small spill at one point when I rode over an old metal tram track but no real issues apart from that. The rain getting into my bag and soaking my paperwork was the most annoying part. There was also a couple of screwups, some my fault (forgettinga drop, mixing up a few things) others not my fault (messages from the dispatcher not getting throug, wrong or non-existent addresses, missing packages, etc). Still, did some really good riding and am feeling fitter already. Also had a nice surprise when one othe offices I dropped into was in the opposite suite to Paul, one of my new local friends. Also came to the office of a guy i'd just been chatting to on the train a couple of days before - some really nice 10s friendships ar forming on he routes, as well as some enduring fueds, i'm sure.
Got home and headed out to do some shopping, hired a video - Primer, overzealous cerebral time travelling movie - the kind of movie that seems quite intelligent until you think about it and realise it's actually not explained at all and is really just a bit of a wank (although iif anyone liked Pi or Cube, they would probably like this - I didn't).
Jason, one of the flatmates, had an encounter with our sparking, defective stove (an annoyance and probably a rather dangerous one at that) and then realised that we don’t have any fire alarms and went completely ballistic and called our landlord, telling us that he was prepard to go to the cops over it. Apparently it will be delivered tomorrow (i'm hoping although probably in vain that my bathroom mirror will be arriving along with someone to repair the seal on the fridge). Anyways, good times, aye.

No comments: