Friday 18 November 2005

Care Package

17 November - Had a pretty brutal day at work got in early enough and had myself a coffee. It appeas (i'm not certain) that couriers may get a discount at one of the places inside 885 Georgia (the place where they all seem to hang out whe they're between jobs) - this is good as it means i've got no excuse to go to that tar boiler, Tim Hortons, any more (i tried it, didn't like it but kept on returning). It was supposedly going to rain (and even snow, according to one baffling report) but it just stayed cloudy all day. It didn't seem like a very difficult day, I did make one mistake (went to pick something up, signed for it, checked it out and left it on the counter) but it all went pretty smoothly. Got pretty difficult in the afternoon and I was completely wrecked at the end of the day. It turns out that the guy who started on Monday quit today - couldn't handle the pace, I guess. The other guy is still with us though - he's a bit full on but he's friendly, which is important. Also got a call from the office (on my mobile, while I was working, which was strange when she could have used the radio) inviting me to the Novex Christmas party, which should be quite fun. Good to meet some of the others besides the other biker, the dispatcher and random drivers who I bump into whilst in the city.
Yesterday, i'd received a notice from Canada Post telling me that I had a parcel that had arrived - today it took me ages to find the place to pick it up, Riding around the neighbourhood, mostly up hills, after my exhausting day was not what I wanted at all. However, a care package containing not one, not two, not ten ... but six tubes of Vegemite was there to be waiting for me. I'm hoping it will last me out for the winter.
Also, didn't get to see it but it appears that Australia have finally made it to the World Cup - what are the odds - well, maybe I can watch one sporting event while i'm here ...

No comments: