Thursday 17 November 2005

Bootie Call!!!

15 November - Slept in this morning for a whole 20m!!! That meant breakfast was more rushed than normal and I didn't get a chance to make my sammiches that i'd forgotten to prepare the night before. Damn that David Lynch for confusing me so!
Miserable day and it rained a little but not too much - I did break out the booties at a couple of points but they really weren't necessary. One unexpected benefit is that they make my feet really warm - I expect the air can't escape (although it still breathes pretty wellp - and therefore, me, really warm. I was sweating a bit when I was indoors. Very easy day - as the days have gone, but I still had quite a good run. Another new biker joined us today - him and the other guy are both a bit older and have had quite a lot of experience doing it although not recently - i'm not sure whether i'm good at it or not - i'm getting around with no trouble and I don't seem to be making too many mistakes and the dispatcher seems pretty happy (he also thinks i've got experience, which I obviously don't) - I guess i'll find out over the next month or so - if the weather doesn't prove to be too much of an adversary.
I'm taking careful note of the various contradictory weather reports i'm getting from the TV, the AvantGo weather report and also the ones that are on the TVs which are in just about every lift (with lots of little news briefs concerning mainly with the stockmarket, the budget and election crisis in Canadian federal politics and the fact that the Dutch version of CSIRO is going after some people who killed a sparrow that was knocking over their dominos - however, did see a very fascinating and rather frightening statistic [not that statistics can prove anything], apparently 31% of American births are done by C-section, that has got to be mean that something is wrong, either with the statistic or with America)
Night time came and had some rather good value and very tasty Japanese and watched a documentary of Isaac Newton with boring bits of trivia about the interesting man. There were also some truly awful renactments which should have sent me out of the room long before it ended.

No comments: