Monday 7 November 2005

Day Of Rest

5 November - After my day of toll I stayed up a bit later and, despite struggling to keep my eyes open, managed to finally watch George Romero's latest offering in the zombie genre, Land of the Dead. Very gory, lots of OTT death by zombie scenes and very fragile bodies. Unfortunattly twas a bit late by the time I got round to watching it (i had to wait for the hockey to end) and I probably wasn't in the best state to be properly absorbing the film.
Slept in and then headed out to the shops for some essentials. Later that afternoon Mark's girlfriend Kristina arrived, in what looks to end a rather protracted drought for him. She came in carrying a Starbucks coffee and was widely criticised for her choice - her excuse, there was no Tim Hortons. The excuse went down worse than her later choice. Very nice girl though - seemed a bit baffled by my blasé attitude to leaving home but I reassured her that I would eventuallybe returning to the roost.
Also headed out to find the Vietnamese community in the pouring rain in an attempt to find some proper Vietnamese coffee and had a resounding success. Got the same brand that i 'd bought in Da Nang and also got some replacement mini-drip-filters of a far superior stainless steel construction to the battered aluminium ones i'd bought whilst in Nam.
Later on made some soup stock and then headed out to downtown (got crushed on t he Sky Train by hundreds of BC Lions supporters) for some drinks with Brenda and Abby, the two girls i'd met in the previous week, and a another couple, Bryan and Paul, who i'd also met prior. Brenda seems to be extremely generous - picking up the entire tab for the table (she'd tried to do it last time as well) - I put up a brief protest but, hey, if she wants to buy me a couple of drinks, i'll let her.
Staggered home a couple of hours later and watched Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, it seemed to be a little less excruciating than I remembered ... But not much.

No comments: