Tuesday 15 November 2005

It's a beautiful day ...

14 November - Back to work after the long weekend - stayed up a bit late watching 'Unleashed', a martial arts version of Oliver Twist if ever I saw one. It was an absolutely beautiful day today - completely clear, you could see the mountains perfectly from town. Unfortunately (or fortunately if one is sane) I didn't get a chance to try out my new booties but did benefit from some fingerless gloves I purchased - coming in in the morning was absolutely deadly cold on my fingers. Not having to deal with the wet made work a lot easier and things went pretty smoothly. Got a little stressed in the afternoon when I was a bit overloaded with excess packages I couldn't drop off ana backlog of HOT and SHT (super hot or SHIT-HOT as I call it) jobs that just kept on bleeping on my Blackberry - also, some of the people can be complete pains in the arse - they don't want to sign anything because it will make them responsible, some won't even give me their first name because they're paranoid it might go onto our list that we'll sell to the government of potential subsersives who are accepting packages from Novex, which may or may not be a front for a sleeper KGB cell (asleep for so long they don't realise the KGB doesn't exist anymore). A new biker joined us today - nice enough, he's a bit older than us and used to courier about 15 year ago and is just coming back to it. Nice guy though - kind of weird, but then again, most people in this industry are.
Also watched Blue Velvet when I got home (David Lynch, you are a f**king weirdo!!!) and got an email from young Robespierre who informed that he's also following his dream of calculating how the potential wind resistance and type of wood used in the field goals is going to affect NSW's chances in the next State of Origin. If it has to be done it may as well be done by him.

No comments: