Tuesday 8 November 2005

Day Of Rest - Part II

6 November - Didn't do too much Sunday day - headed out to the shops for a bit and tried to organise some Voltaren for my foot - it turns out its on script over here and there was no way I could sort it out short of paying $50 to see a doctor who would write me on. It's hardly an illicit substance but I must have had the look of an abuser because I had no luck. Eventually found a very nice pharmacist who gave me a substitute and other advice - they sure do like doing things by the book in this city. Also watched a horribly cut version of Robocop on TV in the afternoon and got into the argument over the best looking cyborg - a patient explanation of why the Terminators don't count as cyborgs (they're just androids with some non-essential organic tissue covering them and he just looks like Arnie anyway) yielded the room to Robocop until Darth Vader was suggested. I conceded the point that he looked good but I still preferred Robocop which resulted in the defence that Darth Vader would kick Robocop's arse in a fight and a heated defence it was. I had no argument on that point but I had to explain that we weren't arguing about who was more powerful, it was merely a dicusion on the aesthetics of the cyborg. Darth Vader is one of the classic personifications of evil but he has a mullet helmet which dattd severely. Robocop is a semi-plausible display of timeless futuristic style. I never like getting into the comic-geek "who is better" argument but if one is going to start one you have to at least stick to the correct argument and not go off on a tangent.
Later on that afternoon I headed into Gastown to meet up with Steve, Aussie from the Airport, and his NZ friends, for a few beers and we discussed snowboarding opportunities that will eventually come up. He's heading out of town for a few weeks for work related issues but the fields are open already and I think we should start to get our shit together for some snowboarding. Later on headed over to Brenda's house for the best cooked meal i've eaten since i 've hit this city - totally OTT on saturated fats and empty calories but I was quite happy to enjoy - was also stuck with the leftovers ... Poor me ...

No comments: