Friday 11 November 2005

Still Riding

10 November - Another pretty tough day at work today - it was raining all morning and my Blackberry completely fizzled so I was reliant on radio to get around, not very easy. I went all over town today and at times my legs felt like they were about to burst. Got better later on in the day when I got a new blackberry and the weather cleard up. Still no time to eat besides a couple of chocolate and muesli bars I had at various points throughout. The day certainly wasn't as good as yesterday but still quite fun at times. Have been meeting a few more of the couriers as I go along we cross each others paths all the time and some are more friendly than others. Often swap tips abut how to deal with the cold and wet -will have it sussd pretty soon I think. Went for a beer with Jonathan (or Stu, i'm not entirely certain of his name as he told me one thing and his radio name is something different) - he's an interesting guy, used to be homeless (by choice apparently), but kind of strange, apparently there are a few more starting on monday. As for tomorrow, it appears that we've got it off because its going to be Rememberance Day, a Canadian public holiday for the veterans so I think me and Rene will be going to see a fillum of some kind. Missed the bakery on the way home so there'll be no toast for breakfast tomorrow morning and had some truly awful chinese takeaway for dinner - I know now to stay away from one place on Commercial Drive.
A youngGerman guy came around to have a look at one of the rooms. He was supposed to be meeting the landlord, who didn't show up. I showed him around and then he called Graham and had a bit of chat with him. He then proceded to talk to me ... For quite some time. A very long time in fact. Later on Mark arrived back and him and Steven (the german guy) were talking about how an Australian guy had already signed the lease. I don't know why he wanted to hang around for so long but he was nice enough and he soon left anyway. All a little bit surreal.

No comments: