Monday 14 November 2005

To Watch Or Not To Watch

13 November -Slept in a bit, although not nearly as much as the housemates who had carried on the previous night. Mark had to work and was functioning but Rene was alternating between the couch and the bathroom (where I think he had to orally relieve himself on more than one occasion).
It wasn't a beautiful day, very gray, but at least it wasn’t raining so I felt that I should definitely make the effort to leave the house. Met some friends for coffee in town - got a bit spattered from puddles but did get to try out my new waterproof nylon booties, which seem to do a pretty good job - they'll definitely get a proper workout during the week. Got a couple of DVDs and did some grocery shopping and some general maintenance - we were watching the overnight when Jason came in to make sure that we were aware that their was a Canucks game that night at 7 and would our film be over before then??? It was, I considered watching a bit of the game but decided against - I can mostly follow it with a little help from my local friends (they're more than happy to explain the minutae of the game) but it is, for me, for the most part, pretty dull. I suppose if I watched it regularly I might learn to appreciate it but the way I see it I don't really want to learn to appreciate it. It's sports ... Apart from a sports rom com or the occasional inspirational "true" story and the very rare television event I don't really like sports and I don't think it's a part of my personality that needs developing. So, hockey time, is now Sax time, and i'm going to try to keep it that way.

No comments: