Friday 10 November 2006

That's what they said about the fax machine ...

6 November - A very chilled day not helped by early morning rain which made the pavement incredibly slick - only two crashes today, one better (?) than Friday - one caused by a simple slideout and the other by the new shoeses, cleats definitely not properly aligned causing difficulty in clipping in and out and also meaning excess strain on the knees - slowness of day meant I could make a few international calls before the credit expired and I was even given a lunch break (obbiously i'd already eaten my lunch prior to this but you take a lunch break when you can get it in this job ...) - at the end of the day a girl I was sharing the lift with said 'You don't see many of you guys around anymore', for some reason her presence irritated me and I told her there are lots of us still around, she said 'I thought email meant you weren’t needed anymore' - obviously another one of the multitudes who read the Economist article or the one that had been lifted by the SMH who felt compelled to share their knowledge - 'Well, that's what they said about the fax machine, bitch!' - unfortunately didn’t say that out loud but it would have been a nice retort ... in a movie. Also last POD of the day shared my namesake, so there ... Attempts to watch television afterwards wee slightly thwarted by background chatter but it didn’t seem very interesting anyway.

No comments: