Friday 10 March 2006

Stretched Out

7 March - After a few weeks of relatively dry days the rain came back in force this morning. Never very pleasant but I seemed to earn the ire of one of the Dynamex guys by mentioning it whilst in the lift.
Me: How's your day?
Dynamex Dude: Oh, don't ask.
Me: Yes, it's cold, its wet and its going to last for the rest of our lives.
DD: F**k! Don't ever mention the f**king weather! You're a proper biker! You're like one of those people ... God, I hate when people complain about the weather.
Me: Right, well, have a good day then.
DD: No chance.
We later bumped into each other and he apologised for blowing up at me, explainingthat he was 'all f**ked up' before almost explodingat me again for failing to move my bike fast enough for him to lock it to a parking meter. What's going on with this country? I'm surrounded by hyper aggressive people and it's not very pleasant.
The rain doesn’t bother me too much in terms of getting wet - its never that cold and although it screws up my brakes some and is a bit slippery, it's never that uncomfortable but no matter how many precautions I take the water still gets into everything. The radio and blackberry start to play up, envelopes and packages just fragment in my bag (one trip that I delivered turned was so badly damaged that they had to resend it - they were supposed to get it picked up by a car for free but somehow it got put on me again with the note 'Do Not Let Envelope Get Wet Or Torn!' - at least it had stopped raining by this stage). According to the weather man we've got it all week as well. A good end to the day however. The aches and pains of the past week (caused by moving ski boots, ridiculous work days, skiing and carrying of skis) prompted me to search for a massage therapist to fix my ills - found one woman on Craigslist who was not too overpriced (certainly not Thai prices but not bad nonetheless) - after a few reschedules I finally got it today and it was fantastic. I don’t do nearly enough stretching in this job and my muscles, whilst certainly getting a very good workout from the constant riding, have become a lot less flexible - she gave me a Thai yoga massage which contains a lot of assisted stretching and despite being of the fairer sex she was very powerful (i'm always wary about female masseurs because they generallyjust don't have the strength to penetrate to the deep tissue although this scepticism has been proved wrong on many occasions) and I feel infinitely better.

No comments: