Wednesday 15 March 2006

A New King?

12 March - Another uneventful day but at least one where I managed to get a proper sleep in which is the first i've had for as long as I can remember. A few errands included patching my rear tyre (the curse has returned) and getting groceries. I found myself back at the local JJ Beans coffee shop - for some reason I keep on going back there despite the rudeness of the staff; the coffee is pretty good when they get the order right and they do happen to have the best muffins on the drive. A rather strange young man wearing a jester's hat and said hello, introdud himself as Howler and engaged me in a conversation that was soon interrupted by a local nutcase who informed us that he was a QC who reported directly to the Queen and he told us that there was an announcement that Charles was going to be king and he seemed to infer that Tony Blair would be dismissed for dragging the Commonwealth into war. The gentleman in question didn’t look like the type of man who had regular conversations with the queen and a latter check on the internet seemed to indicate any newsworthy items that could substantiate any part of of what he was saying. Eventually managed to escape his conversatory clutches and Howler soon moved on to bother some of the other patrons and I was left chatting with a very nice, very spiritual, quasihippie Aboriginal (Canadian Aboriginal - not Australian Aborigine) girl named Pul-Ha-Neeks who, after discussions ranging from globalisation to genetic disasporas, she invited me along to a local social group during the week. Could be interesting. Also rode into downtown where I acquired a very nice pair of cycling overshorts for an absolute bargain (although they still contributed to me going way over my monthly budget and we're not even halfway yet) and I also caught up with Shadow and his little girl, Aliyah (whilst downtown also spied the spry old rollerblader doing tricks down on Denman St - he must be a local fixture). Finally managed to struggle through the last few pages of 'Kafka On The Shore', which took me far too long to read considering the fact that it really wasn't that difficult although it was very entertaining (still haven't really worked out what the whole thing was about though). House situation is 'normal' again but for how long nobody really knows.

No comments: