Wednesday 1 March 2006

Nowt To Report

27 February - The man told me that it was going to rain today so I wore multiple layers including the very uncomfortable rainjacket but by the time I got into downtown I was overheating. Jacket got consigned to my bag where it takes up over half of the valuable carrying capacity. Apart from a few drops in the late afternoon it was dry all day although still very grey. Nothing exciting happened today - had a flat in the morning and was forced to use a loaner for a while, flirted with a few receptionists, drank some coffee, shouted at the inside of a few elevators ... pretty average day. Whilst at bike shop tried to get a new magnet for the bike computer to no avail, they're worth about 50c and most shops have them lying around but not at Simons. His suggestion was to use crazy glue to attach the one I had to my spoke, which didn't sound very appropriate to me. Also the top three gears are starting to show the strain of the past few months and every time I’m climbing a hill I’m constantly skipping whichis very annoying. I might have to bring the transplant operation forward a bit.
Upon returning home, realised that i'd misplaced my housekeys and there was noone home to let me in. It took me two minutes of fiddling with the window to break into the house - which was good for my immediate predicament but not so good for overall house security. After watching Saw II, which was almost as amusing but not quite as nauseating as the first (and nicely set us up for the third instalment of what could be a potentially long series) was given the announcement that we may be short another flatmate sometime soon. It appears that Rene's shenanigans have drifted up to the landlord's ears, which was almost certainlygoing to be the case, and he may no longer be with us for much longer. It is a real shame as he's someone i've become quite close to moving to the house but his inability to contain his aggression is a bit of a weakness. I doubt it will be a learning experience and he isn't going to change his behaviour but I hope he may take some stock in it.

No comments: