Monday 6 March 2006

Country Music Overload

2 March - Was awoken by the sound of Rene's radio turned up all the way to 11 (11 is louder than 10) tuned into Vancouver's favourite country music station. Very annoying as that last hour of sleep is the one I cherish the most. Went downstairs to get him to turn it down only to find that he'd already left and he'd locked his door. Come to think of it, he put the radio on just before he left. It seems he’s not taking his eviction very well it seems. I don't know what his problem is this time but I have to admit that my fondness for the guy is rapidly waning with his childish, passive aggressive (and just plain aggressive) behaviour. I called him up to see if it was accidental (even though I knew it wasn't) and he was really cagey but seemingly unrepentant so I hung up on him and headed into work. I was still feeling wrecked from the previous day's exertions and was hoping to have an easy day today but it wasn't to be. Once again, never left downtown but it was incrediby busy and, apart from a 15m lunch break (the quality of the food court Chinese food in this country is abysmal, my heart yearns for for a big arse sandwich or an Albert St Malaysian Chicken Cashew meal) was moving non stop all day. However, if it hadn't been for yesterday's record breaking return today would have been my record.
Came home to the bad news that Rene's f**king radio was still blaring throughout the house but the good news that after over a year of negotiations with the Embassy of the Slovak Republic, I have finally been issued with my European passport. Hurrah. Unfortunately, it is in my own name and not Vyechislav Incognito, but still, a life of international crime beckons.
Ooh yes, and there seems to be more on the Rene saga as of time of writing it seems that he has lost the plot. I don’t think I want to be friends with this guy at all. The details of what was said and done shall remain undisclosed at this time because this could be pretty serious if it pans out as badly as it might. Needless, to say the household is seeming mighty shaky at the moment.
Had some bad news due to the cancelling of a proposed Whistler trip with Mark but it looks like I may still be going up anyway. The dodgy French Canadian Dye&Durham courier whose name I can never remember still wants to go up and tomorrow discussions shall be had so i'm hoping i'll be gettinga little bit more snow exposure this weekend (the added bonus is that I may be able to ride out the storm that’s a brewing in the household).

No comments: