Wednesday 22 March 2006

The Demons Are Closing In

18 march - Slept in and woke up with a slight hangover despite quitting imbibing many hours before I went to bed the previous night. My upcoming surgery means that i'm not allowed to take any ibuprofen (my cureall for everything from hangovers to bikingaches and pains) because it can mean excess bleeding during the operation. Got gipped on the deceptive pricing policy of a phone card which didn’t help my mood much at all and I also tested my new nuclear powered razorblade, which did offer a very clean shave but I have to say that the magnitudes of improvement on previous models was rather insignificant (and now that i've bought the initial blade i'm committed to purchasing the exhorbitant replacement cartridges - goddamn the 'razorblade model' - get you in cheap and then you pay and you pay and you pay - good thing i only shave once a week!).
Returned to Bons Off Broadway (or Bons On Broadway, I can never remember what it's really called) to break my fast and got a little slap on the wrist for bringing my own maple syrup (all in good fun and the waitress suggested that next time I should probably bring my own butter next time as well - and goddamn it, I will!)
A little bit of Xbox in the afternoon with Ashu followed by a screening of 'V For Vendetta' whch I thought was pretty good in spite of being a little bit long with a slightly muddy plot. Some pretty inspiring scenes including a monologue which could either be described as cheesy or brilliant - you'd have to see it for yourself to decide.

No comments: