Wednesday 8 March 2006

The Recruiter

6 February - Still feeling the aches and pains from the past week's exertions so was very relieved to find that today was a very slow one. This was particularly lucky because Biker 315, or Rick as he is known to some, is no longer with us. He came into downtown this morning but I overheard him on the radio with BJ discussing a misinterpretation of their previous conversation from Friday. BJ wanted him 'here' as in Richmond (where the office is) on Monday and RIck interpreted 'here' as beingdowntown. The envelope that Rick had torn up turned out to contain a cheque for two million dollars and it had been decided by the powers that be that he should no longer be an employee of Novex. My take on the whole situation was that Rick actually quit by proxy rather than being fired. There was no way that he could expect to keep his job after doing what he did but it seems that this kind of thingwas inevitable because he's renowned for basically gettinghimself blacklisted from every courier company in Vancouver. In any event, 10 out of 10 for style but minus several million for good thinking. And now, I've been asked by Lee and BJ to see if I can find someone else to replace him. There's no point in askingthe other couriers because Novex has a reputation for not being one of the best places to work for and most of the experienced couriers have all done a stint there and nobody wants to go back. Did mention it to one of the housemates, kevin, who showed a little bit of interest but really don't know that he's got the stamina to do it. We shall see. Did go to my local cinema tonight to see 'Firewall' - the two Chinese girls who sold me the ticket were giggling and seemed very excited when I bought the ticket. I thought this was strange until I entered the cinema to find the place completely deserted. Tonight, the cinema was MINE and mine alone. Well, at least for the first 10m when a girl came in and sat in the back row (very annoying, competely destroyed the atmosphere). HeeeeelllllLLLLOOOOOO! That's the sound of me callingout from the pits of the plot holes of which there were many but it offered a laugh or two and it certainly glamorised the inside of a bank comms room (a place where I have spent many an hour), one of the bad guys looked a lot like my recently ex-housemate, chad, and it had a suitably menacing (or do I mean mincing) English bad guy. Die Hard it wasn't, but it sure tried.

No comments: