Wednesday 8 March 2006

Back To 1949

5 February - Vague plans about heading back up the mountain had been mentioned the previous night but the previous evening's imbibing and a lack of a free daypass made my companion less inclined to want to head back up. We also had to leave reasonably early so I could make a hospital appointment back in downtown. Very uncomfortable bus ride reminded me of the joys of Vietnamese travel but eventually arrived back in Van where I was thrilled to be coming back into the mess that has become 1949 East 1st. Everyone seems very on edge at the moment and its possible that there may be a few more vacancies in this house before the end of the month. And who knows, one of them might well be the second floor southside room as well (guess which room is mine). Got my CT scan done at the hospital which took a week to book and took 2m to complete (if you want to know what a CT scan is take the 5s to google it and you'll get a better explanation than I can give) ... Apparently when it's all done i'll get a CD with a copy of the scan file and the softwar to view it. Cool. Went out for a bit of chat with Mark to discuss house events - he's determined that he'll be off before long. It baffles me how it's taken such a short time to go from being a great place to live to a very unpleasant space but what are you going to do?

No comments: