Monday 30 July 2007

The Terminal

Fatigue was really starting to make itself felt and I eventually got back to the aiport - a lot further away from town than the old one was - but still had more than eight hours before i'd be flying and nowhere to sleep except on the metal chairs. I had seen the lounges in the 'Economy Travel Lounge' but was hallucinating from lack of sleep on my return so had a bit of difficulty findingthem. I don't know how Tom Hanks did it for three years - three hours was beyond me. Everything's expensive - ridiculously so for Thailand - noone really talks to anyone else - I had to take my contacts out because they'd been in for approaching 24 hours and my squashed corneas had no way of picking out anything more than the vaguest shape. I did smoke a lot and tried to teach some opf the local baristas how to make a piccolo with very little success (for a people with such amazing culinary powers it baffles me that they can't fot the life of them make a coffee). Somehow I managed to survive until boarding - but then i've got a 12 hour flight to contend with! The Termional was so bad that I was lookingforward to squashing down and getting myself prepped up some DVT action.

No comments: