Monday 30 July 2007

Return Of The Travelogue

28 July - Oh, how I miss my mini Infrared Wireless Keyboard - he served me so steadfastly in those lonely days in the sweltering heat of Asia and the bitter winter of Canadia - of latter months he's not had so much need due to the acquisition of a machine of real muscle to publish the Missives but now find myself, once again, on a journey. This journey will be too brutal for the laptop to travel and I need only machines of robustness and vigour and 'The Guide' (also known as TheGuide42, PocketPC, and SaxPPC) is the one who shall be taking this journey with me. Spelling and punctuation will doubtless suffer without the benefits of Entourage's helpers but a travelog is not supposed to be easy to read and I doubt that this one shall be.
Much anxiety was experienced on the morn of departure for - not just experienced by me but also those that I love (and who I presume love me) - do I have everything I need? Will Chevette survive the journey? Will I get through customs (those guys always make you feel like you've done SOMETHING wrong)? Have I got the day right? The time right? The airport right? Will I survive the journey that awaits me? Have I left sufficient reassurances back at home that I am a man of honour? Will I have sufficient resources to actually get back home when the journey is all said and done? Is that job that I might have in the bag back at home the kind of thing I even want to be considering doing considering my last disastrous corporate experience? Well, considering that I am now typing this from the cramped comfort of Thai Airways Flight TG996 it's pretty much too late too worry about such things. So I think I won't ...

No comments: