Monday 30 July 2007

Final Countdown

27 July - Free as in freedom. As Chevette was currently in pieces due to her upcoming journey I had no choice but to put her seat on Louisa's Hermaphrodite and take the alternative 'pede into the city (Big Rob likes the paint job). As I sauntered into my last day at the corporate worm farm I received the not unwelcome news that my boss would unfortunately not be present to supervise the final eight hours of billable time. Thank God for Wikipedia and a sale up the road - pushed some papers around, sent a few emails (goodbye everyone - I guess it was nice knowing you) and ran away as soon as I could find someone of enough ranking to sign my timesheet. Next time I'm desperate for a job I think i'd better consider the options a bit more carefully before signing on for three months. Celebrated with ginger beer at the Place followed by the real stuff in Woolloomooloo. A fair smattering of associates, friends and lovers showed up to ensure that i'd actually be getting out of their hair for a time. All got a bit emotional - as was expected - and I think that's a good thing.

No comments: