Friday 20 July 2007

A Pun Is The Lowest Form Of Wit

18 July – After waking up at a quarter to five in the morning and not having the ability to go back to sleep I decided that calling in sick was the proper option – it just so happened that I found myself down in the Shire (where I said hello to Frodo) and also, somehow, found myself in the middle of the shoot of what will definitely be a relatively awful Toyota Rav 4 advertisement.  All in all, not terribly uninteresting – as part of the cyclist section of the ad myself, Yogi, Scooter (nemesis), a bunch of weekend warriors and a selection of stunties (that’s what they call stuntmen in the trade) we had to ride up and down the freezing street, get ‘scared’ by a crazy old man running away from 200 Killer Wasps (kilowatts – oh god, I’ll never be able to show my face at the Chope household after being party to such an awful pun), crash and dump bikes then pile into the vehicle (Clowns in Mini style).  Cyclists were last to get called in for lunch which was probably sensible as there was nothing left after we took our share (apparently there were complaints levelled against the class – mortals and immortal both).  A complete waste of a budget but rather fun.  Regretted only wearing short knicks and jersey as despite it never really warming up when the sun did go down I was shaking.  Made it back into town late for a nostalgic trip down Trivia Lane at the Grand – too late to save the inexplicably named ‘IC’ team but that’s because they just don’t get it.

No comments: