Friday 20 July 2007

Phase 3 Complete

20 May – After much deliberation and much delay I finally had the chat that needed to happen with the latest incarnation of a boss.  It seems to me that she has wanted to avoid the clash as much as I have and decided that she didn’t really want to know the reasons why I thought we didn’t quite gel.  There certainly seems to be a slight disconnect as to when our paths will diverge but as far as I’m concerned there really isn't much choice from where I’m standing.  According to one small institution whose product I believe in heartily but am pathologically opposed to purchasing (think sex and parking) I’m fantastic at first glance.  Will this translate to latter success?  I don’t know.  I don’t know if I want it too either.  Maybe it’s a good thing.  What’s not a good thing is the Iwa Japanese restaurant – overpriced, underwhelming braziers that seemed to cook the table underneath better than the flesh on top, terrible service (five tries to get water, waiter ran away in the middle of us ordering sushi and AJ was convinced that they’d substituted the sake for supermarket goon) and a cold and unforgiving atmosphere.  It was so bad that we had to complain (and I was compelled to liberate them of the sake bottle and cups – it was for their own good).  Lack of food there meant overindulging on high carb, high fat, high bleurgh desserts at another nostalgic trip back to my youth.  But it was nice, I guess.

No comments: