Sunday 14 January 2007

The Summer of Bat and Ball

13 January – Took a different approach on cracking the bandwidth conundrum today and have sourced an unusual alternative – promising solution but not verified as viable just yet.  To celebrate Patrick’s 36th (???) birthday rode up to Coogee, followed (at an occasional distance) by Dave – my policy when someone is following is that I’ll go at the pace I want (fixie hill climbing is far harder when you go slow) and when I come to a turn (or anywhere where a directional decision has to be made) I’ll stop and wait for my companion.  Dave’s response to this was that “In England, mates stick together!” ... A fair point but we’re in Australia, and mates keep up with mates ... Huzzah.  Caprioscas followed by Caprinis (once the rum arrived) and the general Brazilian theme led to a revealing of the cyclist’s physique clad only in black Speedos, at least until the cold prompted a return of the rest of the clothing, played some bat and ball on the beach with Kate until she got exhausted from the vicious onslaught of my fearsome backhand and tried to film a YouTube classic of a passed out Phil getting simulated oral sex from a seagull until we gave up when we realised that the seagulls were too freaked out by the picnic mat that Phil was sleeping on.  Evening was a fine dinner in Surry Hills with Mike and Justin and all of their gay friends – was amused by the banter, bit too ‘club’ and ‘party’ oriented but that is the world I lived in.  First drink at the midnight shift for quite some times, my brand of personal protection seems to slipped out the scene which is very disappointing.  Have been searching far and wide for my brand but to no avail.  It’s not everyone who has personalised protection and I miss it terribly.

No comments: