Sunday 21 January 2007

Once You're In

20 January – Woke up to find myself getting a suntan whilst still in bed which prevented further sleeping in (something that would have been definitely appreciated in my fragile state).  Had planned on riding out to the beach in the morning, had missed the initial cutoff time but English Dave was keen and we found ourselves riding out towards Bronte – got a bit lost in Centennial Park on the way but once we broke free of the one-way loop it was a relatively simple matter to get to the beach.  Let myself cool down a bit too much before actually braving the water which was absolutely freezing – refreshed myself but couldn’t give it to the time to adjust to the water so was out after a pretty short time.  Having things to do I left Dave to his own devices and rolled up the hill and towards home.  Took the pre-op over to Darlinghurst for a late afternoon late new year’s barbecue at R&E’s – front tyre seems to be incapable of holding air and could feel the tyre twisting in on itself every time I turned a corner – I must get around to fixing that one of these days.  A lot of meat was consumed followed by a lot of greens and a lot of water (water in the more refined sense) and was even forced on doing the unthinkable and taking a taxi home in the end.  What have I become?

No comments: