Friday 5 January 2007

Fair Weather Friend

5 January – For some reason woke up long before the alarm but didn’t want to waste the early morning time on anything productive so forced myself to snooze out for a bit – headed to the No Fish Café rather than the latest syncing station at 370 Pitt and actually had a relaxed cup of coffee before heading in (emphasis on relaxed as opposed to gulping it down and moving on for some low paid cross town trip) - a bit of colour in the morning and some decent and profitable riding in the afternoon but all that should change come Monday.  The old timers are all coming back off their respective holidays and will be reclaiming their rightful permanents (and this is also just as I’ve managed to get Patsy from Department of Juvenile Justice to believe that I’m actually a courier for Toll who has been assigned to pick up the minister’s bag and not just a vagrant who wandered off the street to steal sensitive government documents) and what little ad-hoc stuff that is left will be split amongst six city riders rather than just three.  Paragon even called in specifically to ensure that I hand off the keys that I’ve been holding onto for the past week (despite the fact that I’ve not actually had a need to use them over the past two weeks).  Took the IP run to Alexandria by 430 which gave me time to relax at home before wandering back for an afternoon’s light tipple. Ozzie Andy’s up in Sydney for a bit (can’t really call him Ozzie over here admittedly but I just gag at his alternative nickname) - a couple of us headed to Chinatown for greasy food then a small cap before the day caught up with me.  As it always does.

No comments: