Wednesday 10 January 2007

I Have Secured Peace In Our Time

9 January – Well, it may not have been the worst day ever but it was certainly close.  With all permanents back to their owners, an oversupply of labour in the constricted market and the fact that Brettski was back on the bridge it left not much more than to try to tolerate Sam the barista and force myself to wander across town whenever one of the few trips I was given popped up on the screen.  Managed to get a few international calls in before the credit ran out (at least Vodafone didn’t win the international round this month) and have a coffee with my recently returned Brazilian vacationee – whilst sipping coffee at Darling Park with her a job popped up on the screen to take something from the Amex building on Liverpool down to the HSBC on George.  After racing up to Liverpool (despite not needing to) I found that young Katherine had misaddressed the pickup and it was actually supposed to come from Japan Air Lines ... At Darling Park.  If you don’t feel my pain you’ve never been a courier,  Was let off early soon after and spent half an hour trying to ride a backwards circle in Martin Place – every time I came close some tourist would decide to walk into the back of me so no luck there.  Tight arse Tuesday meant movie night and, having missed out due to a sellout the previous week, I gave Babel a try – very violent, very powerful, but a bit excessive – the one conclusion I came to was that there was a lot of f**ked up s**t going on and there are a lot of f**ked up people in the world ... Or at least in that film.  10pm is also far too late for reconciliation at a pub.

No comments: