Saturday 27 January 2007

National Day of Argument

26 January – And a happy Australia Day to you (or Invasion Day if you want to be confrontational but I’m just in it for the beer) ... Having been cancelled by my mum for an AD picnic I took it upon myself to collect Old Baby Blue from his temporary Pyrmont home – upon picking him up I remembered that his brakes were completely dysfunctional – not good for someone used to riding a fixie and I found myself having to slow down by putting my dragging my foot against the ground (not very safe).  Errands and bicycle repair took up a fair part of the day but did manage to celebrate the day at Bronte Beach (which was mercifully much warmer than it was last week), drink some beer and celebrate in other less talked about but equally valid and enjoyable celebratory activities.  Time was getting away by this stage and I found myself heading home with still more things to do but in between little errands did watch the latter half of a bad movie (Blue Crush) and the latter half of a great movie (Predator – has there ever been a better looking alien?  Maybe once ... And the one time that those two faced off was like watching somebody else play a computer game).

No comments: