Sunday 28 January 2007

Pancakes Versus Petrol

28 January started off with pancakes which had to bode well for the rest of the day, and it did, for the most part.  Journeyed out to Coogee to help a beaming Kate and PJ move my literary collection from the side of the bed to under the bed.  Unexpected benefit of this was finding a couple of books I’ve been wanting to read for quite some time – increasing my backlog of books significantly (I’m pretty sure I’ve got months worth of eminently readable books at my disposal now although this could be weeks if they’re good enough or maybe even years if I have to struggle through them).  Rode out to Bondi Beach and was just cruising along when I saw myself passed by the radiant couple on the Suzuki petrol sipper and ancient instincts awoke in me, stirring my blood and my feet to action as I felt urged, nay, compelled to race them to the end.  The powerful machine growled at my silent engine as it whipped past while they were stuck at the lights.  There was traffic a plenty but it only moved to swallow up the motorised vehicles and I slipped through its steel gullet towards the beach ... And glory.  Handed out some flyers and had some lunch then went home.  I don’t like the people at Woolies Wheels but then again, I don’t like the people at many of the bike shops.

No comments: