Tuesday 16 January 2007

Music For Musicians

15 January – Did I like the Sydney Festival show at the Smeagol (I think it at least sounds like Smeagol) .... Yaaiiiirrss ... Would I see it again ... Hmmm, probably not.  Watching an hour of virtuoso improv music was always going to be a little difficult – when the bass player doesn’t open his eyes for the entire performance because he’s so entranced with his own ... Virtuosity, is probably a bad sign but there were a couple of familiar melodies and it was certainly a lesson in endurance – I got RSI just by looking at the drummer who’s wrists must have been made of boron.  Work was also pretty decent – because it was Monday I was bridge bitch for the entire day – made a full five trips over which is a bit excessive but also cracked the elusive third page which hasn’t been done since Christmas.  Nothing like the glory day but a good tiding.

No comments: