Sunday 7 January 2007

Deposit Into The Karma Pool

6 January – No food in the house so had to seek out breakfast in other places – first choice was closed, as was the second and somehow that justified a trip to McDonalds (where, I stand by my statement that the breakfast while not very great is far superior to their daytime menu) - probably not the best idea but it seemed like a good idea at the time.  After that took a trip over the bridge to Evil Kath and Adrian’s house where they had claimed to have packed up their possessions in order for a select troupe of mighty men to perform the Herculean task of getting it all into two three-tonne trucks.  Could have been better prepared perhaps but all went without incident – lots of gigantic solid wood antiques and more child paraphernalia than could be counted but no winding staircases and that’s all you need for a relatively easy move.  Long drive up to the Blue Mountains in a dodgy Balmain Rentals truck that was missing the second gear and a working clutch – stopped for McDonalds for a brief meal which caused my stomach to seize up and twist for the rest of the day.  It’s not a common occurrence to head to the Golden Arches and two times in one day was just more than my body could bear. Managed to overcome the cholesterol in order to unload the load and I certainly didn’t envy the movee’s task of unpacking on the other side. My job there was done.  Another long drive back where I chatted with my driver, Matt, mostly about nuclear power and bicycles – returned trucks, visited personages in McMahons where I tried to shake off my still crippling stomach ache.  Did feel better later but that was probably because I was distracted – dangerous territory.

No comments: