Wednesday 24 January 2007

Come Again Another Day

24 January – So much for the endless summer with a little bit of a torrent coming down for most of the morning –wore my trusty Novex jacket which is so waterproof that in the Sydney downpour I get wetter on the inside from overheating than I do from the rain.  An absolute plethora of standards that involved me delivering a job to the character at TCNZA who is doing my old job (twould have been delivered to me had my career never progressed for the past four years) and a run that lasted almost two hours with me going from end of town to the other and back, never riding for more than a few blocks at a time.  Would have been great if the jobs were worth something.  Long black patch and then a fairly hot afternoon, slightly complicated with a bunch of VIPs from the mysterious van driver who I’m helping out this week.  Had an inkling of what it’s like trying to do side work whilst working for a company – pretending to take longer in between assigned picks and drops by claiming delays and drinking fictional coffee whilst you’re dashing to the indie addresses – kind of exciting though.  Afternoon was with the dreaded American dispatching – I wish he wasn’t such a nice guy so I could hate him more viscerally every time he f**ks things up (which he does without fail).  Scored the great Wednesday deal at Forresters with the schoolboys before searching Crown St for a coffee and then trying to convince one of my companions that you cannot complain about the coffee you get at a pub because you’re not supposed to buy coffee at a pub (unless its been pulled by Master Templeman of course in which case its the best coffee you’ve ever had and you better let him know that or there’ll be hell to pay).

No comments: