Monday 15 January 2007

Someone's getting married

14 January – Blinding light and hot hot heat meant there was no sleeping in this morning.  I’m not the type of person who really enjoys sleeping in but that’s what weekends are for.  However, due to a last minute invite to my ex’s engagement party out Newcastle way it was probably a good thing.  Wandered over to the station in the morning to find out when there was a train was actually going to Hamilton and was rather dismayed to find out they were hourly and the journey would take about two and a half hours.  Realised I should probably actually get my arse into gear so before long was taking the marathon journey up there.  Ensured I had ample reading material so it didn’t seem to take that long but the pangs of withdrawal reminded me unpleasantly of my addiction.  Two and a half hours is not that long.    Eventually hit the destination and was slightly overwhelmed by the large family present but a select group who were not related to the red headed one by blood were also there and I soon found myself between a circus performer and a renegade punk sculptor (I think).  Very pleasant afternoon and it all seemed to wrap up at a relatively early hour – ended up spending more time on the train than at the party and still a hell of a long day.  Train sure is a great place for reading – finally cracked Immortality.

No comments: