Tuesday 2 January 2007

Not Enough Virgins

2 January – Couldn’t get a hold of the individuals who had my phone (and had to borrow the house phone to do it, which apparently was to cause a problem further down the line), it was raining hard as soon as I left the front door, before I even logged on I found I had a flat, fixed it with an overprice Clarence St inner tube, as soon as I’d ridden beyond walking distance from the bike shop I had another one, and whilst being relatively busy throughout the day it was a mess of bad routing, returns because people weren’t back from the holidays and a couple of misaddresses.  Was also seriously fuct around by a policeman who seemed to be very bitter about the fact that he had to work as a security guard in a building and therefore had nothing better to do than to see how much he could delay a courier to do his drop.  Day progressively got better as the sun came out but had a sense of unease throughout the day.  More tension in the house again but nothing that a night out and a selective lobotomy couldn’t fix.  The New Year had dawned and for some reason I’m still a courier – but there’s nowt to be done about that right now.  The real question for the day is why, when I went to see a movie, all four of the previews were for garish animated movies with jive talking anthropomorphic animals – haven’t we had enough?  And, I really don’t like movie endings which have all the characters dancing (badly) to a pop classic (also a bad one).  

No comments: