Wednesday 17 January 2007

The Mail Thief

17 January – The promising return to form from the early week were knocked on the head today by ear splitting silence.  Started with a malfunctioning XDA and was followed by the discovery that my permanent mail run had been stolen by another courier ... A driver no less!  Hardly any work all day ... Had only done 10 trips by midday when I had a small break where I experienced a new extreme event – adrenal glands haven’t pumped this hard for a while - had a few relatively distant but very easy high quality jobs in the afternoon but no excitement at all.  Had some halfway decent Thai food in Kirribilli with Louisa but think my appetite was spoiled by the muffin donated to me by Moe at Palms – his generosity with the muffins (and other assorted pastries) is venerated by many but the sheer inferiority of Australian muffins to their Canadian counterparts makes me taste gluggy ashes whenever I eat them – I yearn for the muffins and the muffin from JJ Beans deep and I cannot rest until I get the recipe (and find someone who will bake them for me).  Realised that I am my brother’s brother with a late night episode of forgetfulness but all was solved in the end.

No comments: