Wednesday 24 January 2007

A Man Of Means

23 January – A fairly decent day helped out by the fact that we were down a few bikers because one was out with a migraine (see hangover?) and one had gone off to pick watermelons (I don’t even know where to start on that one).  Also, due to another biker’s injuries, I was offered his ‘on the side’ jobs which unfortunately only added up to one job but considering how busy I was for the rest of the day it wasn’t such a disappointment.  All the wear from the constant skidding on the back tyre all seemed to pop up this week and one of the bare patches was so bad that the stitching was worn through and the tyre seemed ready to split in twain – managed to get it to the bike shop before disaster but a small dent in the rim caused two inner tubes to explode whilst inflating, deafening me and everyone else in the bike shop (I bet I’ll hear about that tomorrow).  Had a bit of a practice with the new toe-clips by riding down to Broadway for a very nice movie experience with the limited family (nice as in the movie was so sickeningly pleasant from the super friendly rich stockbrokers and CEOs to the endearing crazy man and the only signs of evil in the movie were ‘the man’ (who was keeping the main character down) and a thieving hippie).  Apparently Roger from Palms coffee shop doesn’t like me very much – I find that particularly surprising.

No comments: