Thursday 27 September 2007

Ah, Woollahra ...

25 and 26 (and 27!!!) September – Had to steel myself for a facilitator led marketing and brand seminar that made me choke up all my reluctance towards corporate led brainstorming and motivating exercises ... The fact that it started with me having to declare what my ultimate car would be did not bode well (nor a wary stand off with a weekend warrior who’d better learn his place) but was eventually drawn in and even managed to be rather fascinated with the reality of the mythical WiMax which is due to hit the airwaves sometime before the end of the decade.   Far too much running around without enough achievement – first work function in the evening, a night at the Imax (a heck of a lot better than the neck cracking experience of the 300) which was followed by a christening that took far too long to realise.  A few gains, a few losses, a few stresses ... I think I might have cracked something but I’m not sure if that’s alluding to something physically breaking or perhaps a new revelation in the world of the Interactive.  Another evening of labours – not very strenuous labours and liberal relaxants were applied to ensure that nobody was hurt but learned a few more bits of the world of web development and learned that wireless routers are a lot more tricksy and varied than they appear on the outside.  Hottest jaffal ever ... A decent cheese, a decent ham (probably not free range) and a good dense bread with liberal dosages of hot English mustard ... Unbelievable – I’ve eaten mustard many times and I’ve eaten many variations on the theme of hotness but nothing that burned so hot and so quickly ... The Blue Giant jaffal.
Stumbled back into the workplace again, intercepted a cyclist who was probably trying to escape 200 killer wasps (???) only to be accosted by the CEO pressuring me for those numbers ...
C: I want those numbers on my desk by noon, Johnson!
M: But sir, I’m not Johnson ...
C: No more of your excuses, Johnson, if those numbers aren’t on my desk by noon you’re out ...
...
C: Gladys, did Johnson get me those numbers?
G: No, sir.
C: Fire Johnson!
....
An interesting announcement that was good for some and not so good for others – managed to survive another day – took a journey out to the western world to apply my cultural learnings of PJ to make benefit great company of SGB – got it done, at least some of the niggling bits and pieces, I never promised anyone that I was an expert at this stuff ...

No comments: