Saturday 8 September 2007

I Wanna Fly And Run Until It Hurts, In ...

6 September- Whilst my mind might have a general Awareness of the current date and time I think my body does not. Transferred to Brisbane Domestic and onto Cairns without too much trouble (all things considering flights back were relatively seamless although rather punishing). Refreshment included a very nice friand and one of the worst apples i've had the misfortune to eat in a long time - is there anything worse than hoping for a mouthful of crispy goodness only to be betrayed by mush? But evetually, I was in the resort and not long after that I passed out in a hotel room (a far nicer one than some of the places I stayed at on my travels too) and it wasn't long before I was awoken by someone who I haven't seen in quite some time - joyful reunion? You could say that - in my worldly travels hadn't had a chance to do certain activities and that was rectified at first opportunity - ah cairnes, ...
After wanderingthe resort town and eating and havingto be physically restrained from beatingthe hell out of the RSL barkeep went back to the residence where I tried to enter the blissful state of Zen that only comes from bicycle maintenance but a new task that had never been done and which I mistakenly assumed would be as simple as its reverse proved to put me in a decidedly unbuddhalike state - how the hell do you put the pin back in a bicycle chain? Taking it out is easy - but the clearance between the outer chain and the pin is next to nothing and the piddly little thing just will not go in. There's got to be a catch but after an hour of playing with it, spreading grease all ove my hands (and later, inexplicably all over my body and all over the bathroom I had to concede defeat). Frustration sets in.

No comments: