Thursday 2 February 2006

Warm Weather And Hot Pants

30 January - Two alarms start ringing at 6am, out of sync by about 1m, and alternately snoozed every 10m for about half an hour. That's what it takes to get me up on a bad day. Wore my warm tights this morningbecause it was chillywhen I was getting out of bed. This action obviously set off a sequence of events that resulted in it beinga reallygreat warm day and i'd overheat because I couldn't take my tights off (nowhere to leave them). Really enjoyable day at work, despite the rather placid pace the day seemed to go at. No big boxes and no rain makes Jack a happy boy. Of course the day wouldn't be complete without something goingwrong with the bike. The front tyre popped in the morning, luckily only a few minutes from Simons. Simon changed the tyre himself (i don't have any torque strength in my hand so it makes it very difficult) and I left the store and not 30 seconds later before it popped again (either he twisted it when changing it or he left whatever had caused the pop in the wheel). Came back and was told i'd have to take a loaner so I slowly changed it myself, which was fine, but I don't think I put it back on properly because the wheel wasn't spinning properly afterwards (disc brakes cause as many problems as they solve in my opinion). Bumped into Brenda (who I spent Christmas day with) as she was coming out of her office, disguised by a haircut (a long hair getting all her hair cut off in one go is a terrible thing). Pretty exhausted when I finished up so not much else to report for that day.

No comments: