Thursday 16 February 2006

Valentines Day? You're Yanking My Chain???

14 February - A cold day to match the coldness of my heart. Chain snapped early in the day causing lots of grease on hands then legs and then requiring use of loaner bike for a few hours. Blackberry screen kept on blanking out meaning all calls had to come over the radio (i had to pretend it was the 80s when that's how it was done). Gears screwing up when I got my bke back. Just the day I was hoping for. The always friendly Simon did give me an invitation to his annual 'Courier Appreciation Day' that he holds ... annually. His way of saying thank you for us buying thousands of inner tubes from him each year and spending a fair portion of our meagre wages on his wares. Valentines Day meant dodging the influx of flower delivery guys at every office, eating the heart shaped candy at the reception desks and then going home alone ... to cry. But not for long because I entertained myself with Time Bandits, hurrah.

No comments: